Included in this compilation are :
1. Color Out of Space is an American science fiction Lovecraftian horror film directed and co-written by Richard Stanley, based on the short story “The Colour Out of Space” by H. P. Lovecraft. It stars Nicolas Cage, Joely Richardson, Madeleine Arthur, Q’orianka Kilcher and Tommy Chong. This is Stanley’s first feature film directed since his firing from The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996). According to Stanley, it is the first film in a trilogy of Lovecraft adaptations, which he hopes to follow up with an adaptation of “The Dunwich Horror. Color Out of Space premiered on September 7, 2019 in the Midnight Madness portion of the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival
2. Morbius is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel. Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, it is intended to be the second film in the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters. The film is directed by Daniel Espinosa from a script by the writing teams of Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, and Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, and stars Jared Leto as Michael Morbius alongside Matt Smith, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Al Madrigal, and Tyrese Gibson. In the film, Morbius becomes a vampire after attempting to cure himself of a rare blood disease.
After announcing plans for a new shared universe of films inspired by Spider-Man characters beginning with Venom (2018), Sony began developing one based on Morbius. Sazama and Sharpless had written a script by November 2017, with Marcum and Holloway joining later. Leto and Espinosa officially joined in June 2018. Work began in earnest at the end of the year with further casting, ahead of a production start in February 2019 in London. Filming was confirmed to have been completed by June 2019.
Morbius is scheduled to be released in the United States on March 19, 2021, delayed from an initial July 2020 date due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Invasion, also known as Attraction 2 (Russian: Вторжение, romanized: Vtorzhenie), is a 2020 Russian science fiction action film directed and produced by Fyodor Bondarchuk’s company by Art Pictures Studio and Vodorod.
4. Antebellum is a 2020 American horror film written and directed by Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz in their feature directorial debuts. The film stars Janelle Monáe, Eric Lange, Jena Malone, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, and Gabourey Sidibe, and follows a modern-day African American woman who must escape from a 19th-century Southern slave plantation.
Antebellum was released in the United States through video on demand on September 18, 2020, and theatrically in several overseas countries. The film received mixed reviews from critics, who felt it did not live up to the full potential of its premise.
5. Vivarium is a science fiction psychological horror film directed by Lorcan Finnegan, from a story by Finnegan and Garret Shanley. An international co-production between Ireland, Denmark and Belgium, the film stars Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg.
The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on 18 May 2019. It was released in Ireland on 27 March 2020 by Vertigo Releasing.
6. The New Mutants is a 2020 American horror film in the superhero genre, based on the Marvel Comics team of the same name and distributed by 20th Century Studios. It is the thirteenth and final installment in the X-Men film series. The film was directed by Josh Boone from a screenplay he wrote with Knate Lee, and stars Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, Alice Braga, Blu Hunt, and Henry Zaga. In the film, a group of young mutants held in a secret facility fight to save themselves.
Boone and Lee first began work on the film after Boone completed The Fault in Our Stars (2014). The pair pitched a potential film trilogy to X-Men producer Simon Kinberg, and in May 2015 were officially signed on to the project. Taylor-Joy and Williams were rumored to be cast in March 2016, and were confirmed over a year later when the rest of the cast filled out. Filming took place in Boston, Massachusetts, from July to September 2017, primarily at Medfield State Hospital, with an April 2018 release in mind. The film was then delayed while reshoots were planned and Disney began the process of acquiring production company 20th Century Fox. After the acquisition was completed, Boone returned to work on the film, and it was completed without reshoots in March 2020.
The New Mutants was theatrically released in the United States on August 28, 2020,
Happy Film 123
Comedy, Kids, Family and Animated Film, Blockbuster, Action Cinema, Blockbuster, Scifi Movie or Fantasy film, Drama… We keep you in the know!
Note | Courtesy of all Involved Publishers | All Rights Reserved